What Is Inspire?
Inspire is an empowering new approach that enables employees to take ownership of their leadership development. This approach, which traditionally has fallen squarely on managers, shifts the responsibility to the employee and makes the employee accountable for driving their own development. Employees are able to quickly and easily identify strengths and weaknesses, create relevant and useful development plans and engage in meaningful discussion with their manager about leadership development. At the core of this solution is a dynamic resource library of on-the-job activities, books, articles, blogs, videos, classroom-based learning and e-learning. Each activity or resource is mapped to a leadership competency or behavior. Based on individual skill profiles, Inspire makes targeted recommendations for areas of improvement. Employees then select from a menu of pre-qualified and researched activities, creating a personal development plan that matches both their learning style and their skill-gaps. Finally, employees share their development plan with their manager or coach as they prepare to have a meaningful discussion about career development.
Inspire also tracks and reports information about the development planning process to senior leaders in the organization so they can monitor the completion, quality and content of leadership development plans across the enterprise. This new approach to development planning is being used by leading organizations, including Johnson & Johnson, FedEx, Nordstrom and Lockheed Martin.
Organizations that implement Inspire:
- Improve the quality of development plans for employees
- Reduce the time spent creating development plans
- Eliminate the frustration traditionally felt by some employees when asked to create a plan “from scratch”
- Increase the adoption, participation and implementation rate of development plans
- Drive specific actionable on-the-job development activities
- Better align development plans with business goals and strategies
- Leverage the investment your company has already made in learning resources
- Improve the communication between managers and direct reports regarding leadership development and career advancement
- Act as a means to catalog and track selected areas of improvement
Inspire positively impact business results by:
- Reducing turnover
- Increasing employee engagement
- Increasing talent bench strength
- Developing the next generation of leaders
- More efficiently assessing and developing talent
More About Inspire:
Who’s using Inspire?
Johnson & Johnson, FedEx, Nordstrom and Lockheed Martin.
Is Inspire for me?
Affordable and scalable for companies ranging from enterprises to small-and-medium sized business.
How much will it cost me?
Annual Subscription of $200 per employee.
How do I get started?
- Simply speak to our consultant about your company’s needs and select the number of subscriptions.
- Roll out the program to your employees using our “Get Started Guide.”
- Your employees can start using Inspire immediately. No long implementation process, as Inspire is a Web-based tool.